Carbon Monoxide Sickens Three in Ogden

Three persons were hospitalized in Ogden, Utah, because of high levels of carbon monoxide from a faulty water heater. According to KSL News, firefighters responded to the Ogden apartment complex on March 1, 2011, around 9 in the evening after one of the tenants arrived at McKay-Dee Hospital complaining of carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms. At the complex, fire fighters discovered two other tenants who were sickened from the carbon monoxide. Their conditions were sufficiently serious to fly them to a Salt Lake City hospital for treatment.

I extend my best wishes for a speedy recovery to those injured by excess levels of carbon monoxide. I remind others, especially those who might live in older, rental housing, that carbon monoxide detectors are relatively inexpensive and can save many from sickness, even death, when older gas appliances malfunction.

Ron Kramer is a Utah personal injury and accident lawyer practicing throughout the state. Call the Kramer Law Group today at 801-601-1229 for a free consultation.